Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Strawberries!

At my house, we grow strawberries. And at a certain time of the year, they grow. They start as flowers, then they are yellow strawberries, after that they're green, and finally, they turn red. Strawberries are a very unique fruit. They are the only fruit (recorded) that has seeds on the outside.

Strawberries have on average, 200 seeds. That is amazing! God really, truly must have loved making this very pretty {and delicious} fruits.

 Strawberries are the first fruit to ripen in the spring.
There is a museum in Belgium just for/about strawberries.

 Strawberries are a part of the rose family. Weird right?
Over fifty three percent (53%) of 7-9 year olds say that strawberries are their favorite fruit.
In a test, subjects who ate nitrate rich foods like strawberries, before exercising burned 100 more calories than those who did not.
Strawberries are low fat, low calorie; high in vitamin C, fiber, folic acid, potassium
One cup of strawberries is only 55 calories.
If all the strawberries produced in California in one year were laid berry to berry, they would go around the world 15 times.
California produces an amazing one billion pounds of strawberries each year. 23,000 acres of strawberries are planted in California each year.
Do you grow strawberries? Who picks the strawberries? I hope you learned something on this post! I've been really busy! I babysit 3 days in a row AND I just had a sleepover. I hope you life isn't as crazy as mine! :-)

2 comments:

  1. fun! who did you have a sleepover with? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Her name is Ella. My school plays her school in sports and that's how we met. It was the first sleepover I've had with her because she lives kinda far away. I'm going to camp with her.

    ReplyDelete