Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Bible verse of the week #10


When I read this Bible verse, I ask myself, "Where did Jesus get this parable from?" I get an idea as I read through the Bible. John is not the only place that Jesus talks about the vine and branches. It is also in Psalm and Ezekiel.(Ezekiel 15:1-8)

    Psalms 80:15-16 "And the vineyard which thy right hand hath planted, and the branch that thou madest strong for thyself. (16) It is burned with fire, it is cut down: they perish at the rebuke of thy countenance."
Don't you love it when the Bible gives you clues about the Bible? I love that! Jesus says that He is the true vine. Jesus is the vine through whom God sends God’s people grace, life, nourishment, and ability to bear fruit. Jesus is the stem in which we who are the branches find fulfillment and life. (from THIS website) I really like this Bible verse because it is so popular and well read. There are a lot of Bible studies out there that cover this just this verse. I encourage you to go read them. Here are two very good websites about John 15:5- http://adventbiblestudy.wordpress.com/2011/04/09/the-vine-and-the-branches-john-15 and http://www.bookoffaith.org/pdf/john15.pdf.

No comments:

Post a Comment