Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Bible Verse of the Week #21

I have another GREAT interview for you all! I hope you enjoy this one because it's from one of my favorite teachers. I don't like "favorites." She is my Earth Science and U.S. History teacher, she's been to Russia, the one, and only, Ms. Wilke! (reread that last sentence and try it in a gameshow voice! :D)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
1. What is your favorite Bible verse?
          Philippians 3:13- Brothers and sisters, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining for what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.

2. Why?
          It is important to look ahead because what was in the past, doesn't matter much anymore.
 
3. What does this verse mean to you?
          Being able to be free, all that you can be for God.

4. Do you know any songs that relate to this verse?
         No...

5. What one word comes to your mind when you hear this verse? Why?
         Freedom: Being able to run well, gives me a sense of freedom.

6. What piece of advice can you give me and people my age about this verse?
        Don't let things of the world stop you from what God has planned for you.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Wasn't that a good piece of advice? I love this verse! If you are a Cross Country runner or track runner, this verse would be a VERY good one to memorize! 

Thank you Ms. Wilke!

No comments:

Post a Comment