Sunday, July 10, 2011

My daily doings

What I did when I was in Nebraska and Colorado.
***BE PREPARED!!! This is a long post!!***

Day 1:
  • We left at 3:15 PM
  • We went to a few stores before leaving
  • I watched Despicable Me in the car 
  • We arrived in Nebraska (NE) at around 10:00 PM
  • There was a b-e-a-u-t-i-f-u-l sunset! (it was the one I entered in Kiley's contest)
I think this is a different photo, but it's the same sunset.

 Day 2:
  • My mom and my younger brother got a haircut
  • We bought fireworks
  • My grandpa (I call him Opa) made us brotchun (a kind of bread)
  • We visited with family
  • My friend Megan came and visited 
  • We had a firework show at my grandparents house
  • We had potatoes, fruit, and pork for dinner 
Day 3:
  • I woke up at 5:30 AM
  • We left for Colorado at 7:00 AM
  • There were stinky cows... random.
  • We had Runza for lunch
Runza is a restaurant that well, sells runzas! They aren't very common, but it is a very good restaurant.
  • I slept in the car for 2 hours
  • I watched "The Dark Knight"
  • We crossed a time zone difference. It is one hour earlier than in the Twin Cities
  • We were at my grandparents' condo at 3:25
  • I went swimming with my family
  • We had meat loaf, corn, and fruit for dinner
Day 4:
  • Opa made an egg casserole for breakfast 
  • I ate a sandwich for lunch (start counting how many sandwiches I ate!)
  • I went swimming again
  • I posted here on my blog
  • My mom, Luke, and I played tennis

  • We went to a very cool firework show, but we had to wait for 3 hours!
  • We had tacos for dinner
Day 5:
  • I ate pancakes for breakfast
  • We went to a place called "The Y Camp"
  • Sandwiches for lunch (2!)
  • My family went on a 3.5 mile hike to a waterfall
  • We played miniture golf
  • Chicken, corn on the cob, green beans, and carrots for dinner
  • All 7 of us (4 from my family, my grandparents, and my aunt Melanie), played Up and Down the River (it's hard to explain, but it's a card game)
Day 6:
  • Eggs with bacon for breakfast
  • sandwiches for lunch (more...)
  • All 7 of us went to Rocky Mountain National Park (there was LOTS of elk)
  • My family hiked 3 miles; the hike was miserable! It rained, it was lightning, it thundered... there was mud. AND!! I ruined my new shoes!
  • We saw the Continental Divide 
  • We had spaghetti for dinner
  •  Swimming again
  • My brother and I got souvenirs  
Day 7:
  • I had taco salad for breakfast (I'm not a big breakfast eatter..)
  • My brother, mom, and I went horseback riding for an hour. My mom rode a horse named Tork (male), Luke rode a horse named Slim (female), and I rode a horse called Junior (male). Luke and my horse's were mates.. [sorry! No pictures! My mom took all of the pictures because I didn't have a place for my camera!]
  • We had hotdogs for lunch
  • My grandparents and my family went on a free ski lift ride up a mountain
  • I had pizza for dinner
  • My brother and I went swimming {for the last time}
  • I finished a book called Radical by David Platt
Day 8:
  • Ice cream with cereal for breakfast (we had to finish the ice cream... can't take that in the car!)
  • We left Colorado at 8:06 Mountain Time
  • We were back at my grandparents house at 6:10 Central Time
  • We had chicken nuggets, watermelon, fruit punch, and veggies for dinner 
Day 9:
  •  My grandpa made brotchun for breakfast again (he makes it every Saturday)
  • My family left at 10:50 AM
  •  We had Burger King for lunch
  • We were home at 5:05 PM 

No comments:

Post a Comment