Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Bible Verse of the Week #30


"Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as braided hair and the wearing of gold jewelry and fine clothes. Instead, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is on great worth in God's sight." 1 Peter 3:3-4

This verse does not means it's wrong to look nice. Don't get me wrong, I love looking nice. This verse was to warn the Egyptian women that would spend hours on their hair and makeup. In the end it doesn't really matter. God wants to see us working on being beautiful on the inside: the beauty that lasts forever.


When I read this verse, I instantly remember that song. It is one of my favorite songs.

Beauty is more than skin deep. Covergirl makeup may cover up your skin and you may think you look pretty, but the truth is, real beauty comes from within. Think of it this way: It is better to be a plain, brown, paper bag present, with a fantastic present inside, than a beautifully wrapped present with nothing, or even nasty things inside. 

Just as C.S. Lewis says, God will make us beautiful in His eyes. He already did, when he made you.

"The Christian does not think God will love us because we are good, but that God will make us good because He loves us; just as the roof of a sunhouse does not attract the sun because it is bright, but becomes bright because the sun shines on it."
C.S.Lewis

P.S. Today is my baptismal birthday! :)

2 comments:

  1. So true. Thank you for putting up a verse every week!
    Aimee

    P.S. Love the picture of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome verse...I need to be remembering that more often. I spend a long time getting dressed, doing my hair, and putting on makeup every morning. And I'm 12, and only allowed to wear a little makeup! So how much worse will it be when I'm older and practically drown myself in makeup??? SCAREY!

    I love that song!

    ReplyDelete