Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Bible Verse of the Week #26


"The Kingdom of heaven is like treasure hidden in a field. When a man found it, he hid it again, and then in his joy went and sold all he had and bought that field." Matthew 13:44 The Parables of the Hidden Treasure and the Pearl

I believe there are two meaning for this verse, at least that's what I came up with. I will only talk about one though.

I think this verse is telling us that the kingdom of heaven is a treasure that has to be found. We have to search the Bible to find clues on "how" to get to/find heaven. I'm not saying that you have to do good works to get to heaven, but you should try you best to follow the commandments.

Here is a great cartoon video!

Let me tell you what I like to do over the summer, when I visit my cousins and grandparents. I love to make scavenger hunts. I cut pieces of 2 different colors of paper, and make clues on them. I put the clues all around the house, inside and outside. After I hid the two sets of clues, the two people, or groups, are supposed to go and find the next clue. When they find the clue that says something like, "Congratulation! Go find Madie...", they come, and find me, hiding somewhere, and I give them a prize.

Now how can we relate that to Matthew 13:44?

We are people that have to search for clues, looking in the Bible. When our time comes, we will receive the eternal give of heaven. What is more valuable than being in Christ's Kingdom? Nothing is more valuable. Believing in Jesus is more important than anything else in this world, because that's how we have eternal life.

Activity from NIV Faith Alive Student Bible: Plan a treasure hunt for your family or friends. Draw a map or write clues. For the hidden treasure, write the words of Matthew 6:33 on a piece of paper and "bury" it. Than talk about what it means to you to be in the Kingdom of Heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment