Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Bible verse of the Week #25

"The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want." Psalm 23:1 ESV

Lately my class has been talking about this verse in confirmation. Our pastor explains to us that if you are in a hard time, you can get through it knowing this verse. If you are tempted to lie or cheat remember, "I shall not want." There are other examples such as I want a new camera, but I shouldn't want. Jesus is my Shepherd and it won't matter. God provides. He already has a place for us in heaven.

via
Some of you may already know this, but I'm going to say it anyway. We call Jesus our Shepherd because he guards up like sheep. We are the sheep. He will come after us if we are lost. He remembers us by name. All of this is so true. Jesus is also called "The Good Shepherd" in John 10:11.

The economy is bad, but we need to remember that Jesus is watching out for us every moment of every day . He provides us with food and shelter and a family that loves us. Isn't that all we need? Think about it a little bit. 

God bless your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment