Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Bible Verse of the Week #31



"But thanks be to God, who always leads us as captives in Christ’s triumphal procession and uses us to spread the aroma of the knowledge of him everywhere." 

This verse is talking about when Paul was thanking God for his ministry, his relationship with the Corinthian believers, and the way God had planned out his life and used him to help others. Paul did a lot of ministering, and it wasn't always the easiest for him. In a Roman "triumphal procession," the general would take his treasure and captives, and show off his riches, but burn his captives. The "aroma" was sweet to the Romans... but to prisoners, they knew it would be a long journey to death and suffering.


We can relate this verse to our lives as Christians. When we preach the Good News, there are people that are rejoicing for us, but then there are the people that can't stand us sharing the Message. Speaking of Christ's dead, resurrection, and return will be extremely hard for nonbelievers, Satan, and his angels. Nonbelievers may not even realize that they have a terrible eternity in front of them if they don't change their sinful ways. We have to keep persevering though. We can't give up. We need to stand up for Who we believe in and change the outlook of our future. We can do it! 


P.S. Yes, I did bring back Bible Verse of the Week. I am interesting in knowing how it goes... {aka, comments I get}. I have been wanting to bring it back, but I had to have some time to reflect on my own life before I started BVW again. I am very thankful for all who warmly welcome it back into my "blog life." 

No comments:

Post a Comment