Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Remember Love

"We love because he first loved us."
John 4:19

Love is in the air and do you know why? Because GOD loves us! God is love and He loves you!

"And it is my desire to lavish my love on you."
1 John 3:1

Maybe you spend your Valentine's Day with a special person, or maybe by yourself. Maybe you spend time with your family, telling them how much you love them. 

We can feel that love because God puts that feeling in our hearts. He loves us!

"His death was the ultimate expression of my love for you."
1 John 4:10

My friend said this the other day on her blog, "Without that love from Christ, we don't have the joy of sharing this feeling with others."

Very true, right? 

I think the meaning of love is different for everyone. Here are some examples: Love is football. (I have brothers. :)) Love is music. Love is youth group. Love is the computer. Love is a cell phone.

But that isn't the love that God tells us in the Bible. 

"4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.  8 Love never fails.
1 Corinthians 13:4-8


 God love us with an everlasting love. His love never fails or dies out.

"For in Jesus, my love for you is revealed."
John 17:26

So yeah, maybe you're the loner who doesn't have a boyfriend. I happened to be that person. Am I sad? No. Why? Because I have a Person that loves me more than any person ever will. And that person is my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. And I'm perfectly content with that. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment